Monday, October 17, 2016

Sixth Blog : October


I was very impressed by the Environment in Education Initiative training we received as a class this las Wednesday night. Through the training I learned that with Environment in Education Initiative I can teach any unit to my class or incorporate activities from the EEI units. For example, when teaching about Natural selection EEI already chose a few activities to teach my unit. I don't have to incorporate their full material, I get to choose from their activities and go from there. Different NGSS dimensions connect to the EEI concepts. A framework that they both share is the attention and development of the Science and Engineering Practices, Crosscutting Concepts, and Disciplinary Core Ideas. EEI does an excellent job in covering these dimensions through the units that students are supposed to be learning. There are developed to implement all three in depth and in a fun way to our students. I am excited to attempt to implement their units in my class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment